Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thea's Antioxidant Acai Bowl

I have been obsessed with acai since it got popular a few years back. Jamba juice had made it a huge hut with my friends! When we hear things are good for us we all jump on the bandwagon right? Well, recently I went in to my favorite coffee shop Kean Coffee and I saw (picture this in slow motion) the barista handing over a large cup of purple heaven with sliced bananas flowing over the top. I wanted one so bad and totally got upset that I forgot about acai bowls! I asked if they made theirs with any added sugar and they said they thought so. I decided hmmm well this is perfect, something else for me to make!!!
Although time has gone by, I walked in to sprouts and saw acai and my eyes lit up! I looked at the ingredients and found one that is Unsweetened and frozen in a packet!
I bought it and made a delicious recipe, let's hope it hits the spot for you like It did for me. I'm going to try some other recipes with acai soon!

Ingredients:
1 Packet unsweetened acai
1/2 Scoop RAW protein powder
1/2 C. Frozen berries
1/2 Banana
1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
Stevia to taste
1 Tbsp. Oats
1/2 Tbsp. Flaxseed
5 Almonds
Optional: drizzle of Honey or agave

1. In blender add acai, almond milk, berries,protein, 2 ice cubes, and stevia Blend until smooth.
2. In small bowl mix almonds, flax, and oats.
3. Slice banana.
4. Pour blended ingredients in a bowl.
5. Sprinkle oats flax and almonds.
6. Add banana slices.
7. Optional: drizzle agave or honey.

Out of this world delicious!!!

Calories- 267
Healthy fat- 12
Carbohydrates- 35
Fiber- 11
Protein- 14 g

1 comment:

  1. I've recently started a site, the information you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.
    Cliffside Industries AHO-PB-RIGHT Cabinet hinge

    ReplyDelete