Sunday, February 27, 2011

Goals

Make sure you are setting goals for yourself. I noticed, I personally lose motivation to eat right and hit the gym hard if I don't constantly remind myself of my goals. It's good to start little, it isn't too realistic to have a goal of losing 30 pounds in 3 months. How are you going to get there? It is good to make small goals,and once you reach them check them off and move on to that bigger goal of losing 30 pounds.. Start with 3 weeks lose 3-5 lbs.. VERY attainable! Next shoot for a pound a week.. REMEMBER: don't focus on that number as much as you focus on how you feel! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! I focused on the number when losing weight, and when I kept seeing it drop it made me feel like I was doing something right, the thing I didn't notice was that along with weight I lost muscle. TONE GOES AWAY WITHOUT MUSCLE! Ladies need to understand that it is VERY important to build muscle (tone, posture, healthier bones, sexier curves). If we have a goal to lose weight, we should also pair that goal with how many times we are going to make sure we workout in the week. ALSO, how often we will allow a cheat meal and make sure it's not getting in the way of your goals (ie. if one of your goals is to not drink for a month then RESIST drinking for that whole month).
If you don't set goals, it is too easy to go off track. We have all done the I want to lose 10 pound goal RIGHT? You eat kinda healthy and workout for a week and once you don't see a change in the number on the scale, righhhhhhht back to unhealthy habits. This time make it a lifestyle change, your goals shouldn't just be for a bikini body (that can be a good goal) but needs to dig a little bit deeper. A healthier you will have a lot more positive outlook on life and will help you stay motivated and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment