Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thea's New Favorite Meal: Homemade Bouillabaisse

I am OBSESSED with Bouillabaisse. Every menu I can find it on, I order it (rare I find it). For those of you who aren't familiar, it is a french seafood stew. It can be prepared many different ways, but I am making up my own "eat clean version". It tastes absolutely delicious and I am super proud of this recipe. YUMMY!
P.S. Did I mention how SUPER healthy it is!?!


Ingredients:
4 Oz. Talapia
4 Oz. Shrimp
1 Lb. Mussels
1 Lb. Clams
1 Can Clam Juice
1 Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Fennel
1/2 Chopped Large Onion
1/2 Head Garlic Diced
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, and fennel and saute until just brown for about 5 to 10 minutes.

2. Add the tomatoes, and clam juice.

3. Bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes.

4. Reduce heat to medium and add the fish . Cook for about 2 minutes.

5. Wash thorough then add clams, mussels, and shrimp (make sure clams and mussels are cleaned and opened or broken shells are thrown out). Simmer until the shells just begin to open, about 4 minutes more.

6. Cook until all shells have opened, the shrimp is pink and curled, and the fish flakes easily, about 2 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. wow Thea, I love how positive you are about this eating clean bit. I'm proud of you girl! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete