Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thea's Clean Eating Banana Pear Baked Oatmeal

Thea's Clean Eating Banana Pear Baked Oatmeal


2 C. Oats
2 C. Almond Milk
2 Tbsp. Sugar-free Vanilla (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
3 Tbsp. Sugar-free syrup (or maple syrup)
1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of allspice
1 sliced pear
1 sliced banana


And a handful of some crunch (I used almonds, walnuts, pepitas, and sunflower seeds)
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. I just added all the ingredients (minus the pear and banana) in a big bowl and stirred.
3. Coat pyrex with non-stick spray.
4. Layer pears on bottom of pyrex.

5. Add mixture to pyrex.


6. Add sliced banana.


7. Bake for 40-45 minutes.

8. Serve and enjoy.

Tip:
I personally like to store the oatmeal in plastic containers in the fridge, so when I wake up in the A.M. my breakfast is ready to go!



This makes about 4 servings estimated about 250 calories/ serving.
You can enjoy as is or as I like to top with a little fat free greek yogurt:)
This recipe is so delicious I think everyone who tries it will enojoy! Hearty, comforting, sweet, light, and healthy all in one (who knew it was possible?)!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. For other celiacs out there: just make sure the oats are produced in a wheat free factory and this recipe is gluten-free!!!

    ReplyDelete