Monday, May 23, 2011

What Are YOU Going To Make of Your Summer?

AHHHHHH, school's out and we are are going to have a little more free time on our hands. Today I went to work, came home and realized wow I have no studying or homework (this is an amazing feeling). Then the list of things I should do came in to my head starting with thank you cards, laundry, dishes, cleaning my room/the apt, getting gas, washing my car, going to the gym, the grocery store, the mall to return something, and the list goes on. At this point I noticed that no matter how busy we are or aren't, there are always things to fill up our time. This is one reason it is hard for me to listen to people say they don't have time for the gym. It is probably because on that list of things we need to do, it isn't one of their top priorities. For me it is high up on that list, because knowing myself I truly wouldn't be motivated to do any of the other things without it. Going to the gym gets me going and keeps my days on a little schedule which I love. Now, this brings up the topic of summer and what YOU are going to make of yours.
Take time to yourself, alone. It may be uncomfortable at first, but take time to just chill and ponder. Go on a walk or grab a coffee and really decide what you want your summer to be like and more importantly why. You can make it whatever you want it to be, if you want to feel healthier and change your life. YOU CAN. If you want to let loose because you haven't had a true break, YOU SHOULD. Everyone needs different things at different times to feel the best about themselves. This summer take time for yourself, and get done the things that make you feel amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment