Wednesday, June 22, 2011

High Intensity Interval Training Workout

I have already posted a little on H.I.I.T., which as a reminder is sprint interval training consisting of sprinting and a slower short rest. This method burns a ton of calories, and unlike regular steady cardio burns calories even after your workout by raising your metabolic rate. I want you to all remember that is important to constantly change and alter your workouts to keep your body guessing and not hitting any plateaus. Variation is a key component to training!

Today's H.I.I.T. Workout

5 min warm up level 5
2 min fast (I used 10mph)
2 min slow/recover (I used 5mph)
1 min fast
2 min slow
2 min fast
2 min slow
1 min fast
2 min slow
2 min fast
2 min slow
1 min fast
2 min slow

If this doesn't tire you out, I don't know what will!!!
BUT if it doesn't (not likely) just alter and increase either the speed or the incline you are running at!

Rock today!

No comments:

Post a Comment