Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thea's Irresistable Black Bean Dip/Spread

HOLY MOLY! I am not going to lie, I hit the jackpot with this recipe! My roommate was making hummus, and I really wanted to try it with avocado. Then I realized instead of garbonzo beans I wanted to try black beans. From there my ideas came coming, and I whipped up a deliciously amazing creation.
This is perfect for SO MANY occasions. It can be used as any other condiment, on sandwiches, to dip veggies, pita bread, or on top of your lean meat (sort of as guacamole).

Thea's Irresistible Black Bean Dip/Spread

Ingredients:

1 Can black beans (washed and rinsed)
1/2 Avocado
1/2 Onion
2 Tbsp. Greek Yogurt
Handful Jalapeno chopped
Bunch of cilantro washed and chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
Garlic to taste

1. In food processor or blender add onion, jalapeno, lemon juice, cilantro, and greek yogurt. Mix on high.

2. Slowly add in black beans, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix on high!


3. Pour in small container, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment