Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What Is Thea Eating?

I often get asked what my typical days meal plan looks like. Often times, people harass me for having a big lunchbox with me everywhere I go. I realized I don't mind it, because what I eat makes me feel good. When I feel good, I am happy and am a better friend/daughter/worker/etc. I am now "the food nazi" at work. This offended me at first. but I realized I was given this title by someone who eats out for lunch EVERYDAY and for the last month and a half hasn't packed ONE meal. I realized to not take it personal. It's just a little funny to me, because you would think people would give this person a hard time for eating JUNK everyday. To me that is one think that is wrong with our society, thinking people are weird when they are trying to live a healthy lifestyle instead of thinking people should change their ways when they are mostly eating less nutritious foods. I drifted away from my original reason to write this. I want to show you that eating FREQUENTLY and MORE is the key to speeding up your metabolism. This is what I'm eating today and what is a typical day for what I eat, but it does change so I have some VARIETY:).

Meal 1: 1/2 C. Oats
5 Egg Whites
1/2 C. Frozen berries (no added sugar)
Meal 2: Homemade protein bar
Meal 3: 5 Oz. Chicken Breast
4 Oz. Yam
6 Oz. Veggies (Broccoli/asparagus)
Meal 4: 1 Slice Ezekiel Bread
5 oz Tuna (Mixed with 0% Greek yogurt, 1/4 apple, 1 stock celery)
Bed of chopped romaine
Meal 5: 4 oz. Extra lean ground turkey
6 oz. Veggies
Meal 6: 1/3 Scoop protein powder
1/3 C. Cottage cheese
1/2 Tbsp. Unsalted almond butter

You can switch these meals around and see what works for your taste buds, but since people have requested to see what I eat I thought this might help.

Stay happy, stay healthy:)..... and don't take things too seriously!!LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment