Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thea's Clean Eating Veggie Pizza With Zuchinni Crust

Is it just me? Lately I have been noticing temptations more than ever, feels like everywhere I go. Every now and then it is normal to give in to them, but I truly believe junk food makes me feel just like that.. JUNK! I was at the market today and was walking by the spaghetti squash and thought to myself, I used to make that all the time (delicious for fall if you don't want the heavy carbs from regular spaghetti). I realized that although spaghetti sounded good, PIZZA sounded better:) I created a pizza recipe with no guilt or that sick to my stomach full feeling. Here's my recipe:

Ingredients for crust:


2 Medium zucchini
1 Bunch parsley
1 Tbsp. garlic
2 Egg whites
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450º.
2. Grate both zucchini with cheese grater, on the finest side.
3. Grab zucchini and squeeze out extra liquid over the sink (won't bind in oven if to moist)
4. Finely chop parsley, add to bowl.
5. Add two egg whites to bowl.
6. Add salt & pepper to taste, then mix with hands.
7. pour mixture on to pan (should be fairly thick).
8. Bake in oven for 10 min. at 450º.



THEN.
1. Pull out of oven.
2. Spread tomato sauce.
3. Add veggies.
4. Cook for 10 more minutes at 45º.



OPTIONAL:
1. Add cheese (I used almond cheese).
2. Broil for 2 minutes.
3. Take out of oven and enjoy.



For ladies: I recommend eating 1/2 with some lean protein ( Extra lean turkey breast, chicken, fish, etc.)

For gents: You can get away with eating this whole thing with some lean meat.

Enjoy!

1 comment: