Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Restaurant Review: True Food Kitchen (Newport Coast)

To my surprise, my roommates planned an amazing dinner out for my birthday. They chose to introduce me to the delicious eats and tasty cocktails of True Food Kitchen in Newport Beach, CA. This restaurant has been on my mind for a while now, and my birthday was the perfect excuse to go try yummy eats. This restaurant menu is based on Dr. Weil's Anti-Inflammatory diet. You don't have to worry about your food being slathered with butter or cream at this restaurant. The food is mostly local and organic, and to be honest you can tell all the food has much more flavor in comparison to your neighborhood grill.

Appetizer:
We tried the Today's Raw Fish which happened to be Albacore Tuna. This came with some light sauce and Jalapeno on top. We discussed how delicious it was, but to be honest it was very small. The slices were thin and we each got about two pieces of fish. Next time, I want to try the Roasted Beet and Mozzarella Agrodolce.

Salad:
All four of us wanted a small salad so we ordered two Harvest Chopped Salads and had them split the plates. It was the perfect little portion for us all to try. This salad had squash, apple, pomegranate, walnut, goat cheese, mixed greens, and Balsamic Vinaigrette. I would definitely order this again!

Entree:
I ordered The Pan Seared Seabass but substituted the Seabass with Salmon. The Salmon was atop of Brussel Sprouts, purple potatoes, mushroom, and Umami. This was seriously my favorite meal I have had out in months! Every bite was flavorful and light! My roommate ordered the same thing with Seabass, and she was just as ecstatic about her meal!
My sister ordered Red Chili Shrimp which came with Sesame Noodles, Gai Lan, Red Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom. She said it had a spicy kick and hit the spot!
My other roommate got the Turkey Bolognese and she said it was amazing. Turkey and brown rice noodles:)

Dessert:
They brought us out a FREE dessert for my birthday. I got the Flourless Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream. This was the perfect way to end an amazing dinner. The dessert was petite and just the right amount of sweet!

Drinks:
My favorite drink was the first that I tried, it is called Flower Child-Organic Gin, St. Germain Elderflower, Honey Lemonade, Pineapple Juice, Mint, and Fennel. I liked how light it tasted and the mint almost made it like a lighter mojito!

My sister ordered Spontaneous Happiness, besides ordering it for its amazing name the drink was a concoction of Ginger and Vanilla infused Sochu (I believe a japanese style vodka), St. Germain Elderflower, and fresh lime. Her drink was a little smaller, but it was DELICIOUS. I was surprised with how amazing the drinks were here. I think the reason they tasted so great was because they weren't too strong.

I tried one more drink Cucumber-Citrus Skinny Margarita- This margarita knocked my socks off! I LOVED that the margarita was refreshing like I wanted it to be, but was NOT syrupy or too strong. I enjoyed the light flavors and the infused citrus aftertaste.

My sister then tried The Prana- Belvedere, Coconut Water, Grapefruit, and Clementine. This was super tasty! Not only was it beautiful but the taste was ON POINT. The mixologist knew what he/she was doing when they invented this one. I would recommend this for any girl; pretty, pink, and sweet.

True Food Kitchen has a very modern design. I thought it was cool to see a restaurant try something completely new. Next time, I want to sit by the fireplace on their patio (I forgot a big jacket this time). The bar top looked like a fun place to eat, but we decided to be seated at a table and we enjoyed ourselves very much!

Check out the restaurant True Food Kitchen !

No comments:

Post a Comment