Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thea's Thai Coconut Peanut Tofu & Fried Rice

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!!!!!!
I think I nailed this meal, it seriously turned out better than I could've imagined! I honestly made this one up as I'm staring at some delicious ingredients hoping they will mesh. And oh did they!!! This meal tastes so decadent and flavorful you will feel like you are Thai town sitting on little pillows on the floor. This recipe takes my clean eating cooking to a whole new level! It's healthy, vegetarian, and quite delicious! Give this one. Try and tell me if it isn't one of the tastiest healthy dishes you've made at home!


Ingredients:
1 bag brown rice (steamers)
1 C. Unsweetened almond breeze
1 Pack extra firm tofu ( any firmness works I just don't like mine mushy)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Red Thai Curry paste
2 Tbsp. Crunchy Unsalted peanut butter
1/4 C. Unsweetened coconut flakes
Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. On large pan pour almond milk and brown rice on medium high heat. Let simmer.


2. While that is simmering cut up your tofu into small squares and place on smaller pan at medium high heat.


3. After 2 minutes or so add Thai paste, and peanut butter to brown rice and almond milk.
4. Stir and let thicken.
5. Add cooked tofu squares into large pan and stir in.

6. Add coconut flakes to mixture.
7. Finally, add cracked pepper to your meal.
8. Serve and enjoy. Garnish with coconut flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment