Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thea's Baked Curry Sweet Potato Chips

Always searching for a yummy munchie like me? I made this delicious recipe after thinking about eating a bag of chips (weird craving for me), so I looked around my kitchen and saw a big yam staring at me. Time to get creative! I love sweet potato fries, but I remember my amazing friend Kate tell me about how she made veggie chips. I decided to start slicing my yam and creating a clean and healthy smack!

Ingredients:
1 large sweet potato or yam
Curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil (spray or light drizzle)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Peel skin off yam.
3. Start slicing yam in to very Thin round slices.
4. In medium bowl toss slices with evoo spray or drizzle.
5. Sprinkle curry powder on yam.
6. Toss and sprinkle sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
7. Place in oven for about 30 minutes turning at 10 minutes.

Enjoy by itself of you can make a little dip for it!

1/3. C. Fat free plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. Garlic
1/2 tsp. Turmeric

Use this as a snack to go!
Use this as a side with lean protein and greens!
Trick your friends to thinking it has to be bad for them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment