Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thea's Clean Eating Caesar Dressing

Caesar dressing is just amazing and mouthwatering isn't it? I can't remember the last time I had it due to the high calorie/high fat content. Restaurants make it with heavy egg/oil/mayo based recipes. I went to BOA Steakhouse the other day http://www.boasteak.com/balboa/ and they made my friend a fresh Caesar salad dressing right in front of us. I decided to mock a healthier version inspired by their presentation at BOA.
This recipe is guilt-free but tastes like heaven. I am now going to be using Caesar dressing all the time!!


Ingredients:
1/3 Fat-Free Cottage Cheese (or fat-free Greek yogurt)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of one lemon
1 Small can of anchovies (finely mince 1/2 can)
2 Tbsp. Garlic
3 tsp. Worcheshire sauce (low sodium)

1. In food processor or blender, add all ingredients.

2. Blend until extremely smooth.

3. Mix with salad, or use as a veggie dip and enjoy.

(I had it with mixed greens, beets, and Blackened Cod.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Thea, This is Mary I take your uncles core class in Yakima and I am treated for my aches and pains by him also. I just wanted to say you look amazing!
    I have much to lose, have lost 15 already throughh CFF and my core class. Im just a little impatient to have the wieght come off faster!LOl I will browse through your blog!
    Thanks Mary Brookshire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! First off congrats on losing 15 lbs! In my
    opinion the first are the hardest to lose. Once you have your routine and see those little changes it just gets you more motivated! I myself have lost about 30 pounds through making those little changes that make a HUGE difference! I'm glad to hear you checked out my blog! I also have a facebook page If you search Thea Nolan Health and fitness;) keep up the hard work, it will pay off and you'll feel great!!!!
    <3 Thea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Thea, Molly said u should post a before picture! I love before and after photos. My biggest change this year has been no sausage biscuits from mcdonalds! Michael said they are very bad for me! He's so smart!LOL
    I checked out your facebook and have liked your site. Will keep tabs on it throughout the 75 pounds I have to lose this year! Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete