Friday, June 1, 2012

Grocery List: My Staple Must Have Items

Sometimes going to the market is simply too overwhelming for some. There are thousands of options, and who is to say which is better for your personal genetic make up and taste buds? Well, for me not every trip is the same. I like switching it up and adding new things to the cart to create variety, but at the same time there are definitely some staple items I must not leave without. My house must always be stocked with the following:

Fruit: * All the variety in the world (think seasonal, and ORGANIC)
Veggies: * Think GREEN: fresh and/or frozen * Fresh Salads: Mixes, kale, spinach, arugula
Clean Carbs:
* Oatmeal- I like Bob's Gluten-free
* Quinoa
* Yams or Sweet Potato
* Brown Rice Cakes- lightly salted
* Ezekiel bread
* Oat Flour
* Coconut Flour
 Fats:
 * Organic Hemp Hearts
 * Avocado
 * Cold-pressed oils- VARIETY
* Nut Butters- Unsalted Raw I like Artisana
Proteins:
* Eggs (organic free range, vegetarian fed)
* Raw Vegan Protein Powder: Dales Raw Protein
 * Wild Salmon (wild, no color added)
 * Organic Chicken Breast (free range, grass fed, organic)
* White Fish: Mahi, Tilapia, Hawke, Cod, Swai (wild, no color added)
Extras:
* Almond Milk- Unsweetened
* Balsamic vinegar
* Mustard
* Mrs. Dash or salt-free seasonings
Clean sweeteners: TO BE USED IN MODERATION IF AT ALL
* Agave Nectar
 * Honey
* Stevia

I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE GLUTEN INTOLERANT, RAW, VEGAN, OR VEGETARIAN.  THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE LIST, YOU CAN MODIFY ACCORDINGLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment