Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I am in love with fries, but let's get real I am not trying to eat a ton of fried food! I love yams and sweet potatoes because they are rich in potassium,Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C. Yams are also great, because they are lower on the Glycemic Index so they don't effect your blood sugar levels as much as say a white baked potato! Try out this recipe, and see if you can switch in the fried foods for this deliciously baked treat!

Ingredients:
Peeled Yams (I cooked in bulk and used 3)
Sea Salt
Pepper
Spices (I used Chili powder, and garlic)

1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
3. Cut thin slices of yam then lay them on baking sheet.
4. Spice your yams however you'd like, heavy or light!
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until done, sometimes I like mine extra crispy and keep them in longer!

You can enjoy these as a snack, or pair them with a meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment