Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Push Yourself Harder Than You Ever Have

I am well aware that I think about workouts, diet, and living a healthy lifestyle way more often than your average person. I think about it when I am choosing my meals, all day when I am at work planning fitness events or training clients, and also after work when I am at the gym. These things are a huge part of my life. Are they a part of yours?

You and I are not equal. We have different genetic makeups which may mean different ethnicity, different height, metabolism, strengths, goals, weaknesses, etc. I am asked very frequently on what is the best diet or the best workout. This is an amazingly complex question to ask. Initially I wonder, what is their current plan right now? When does this person eat, what do they eat, how much do they eat, where to they eat, where does the food they eat come from, etc.? When it comes to workouts I wonder what their routine is. Do they lift heavy, do they rest a lot between sets, do they switch up their program often, do they do cardio and if so what kinds, do they like group fitness or yoga maybe CrossFit or boxing?

We are ALL so different and we each need to find out what works best for US. We need to experiment on ourselves and just know what feels right. For each of us this plan will be different!!!!

I just figured out my answer to the most complex question I've been asked... push yourself harder then you ever have before. This may mean train harder, or training some different way, or faster, or heavier. For dieting this may mean to add fats, cut carbs, add carbs, eat more, eat less, eat more often, eat less often. There is not just one way to see results, for myself it will be different than for you.

The point is to push your limits, and only you know your limits!! You will see results in your mind, body, and spirit!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you stay so opened minded and I believe your flexibility will create much success when working with clients. So many health "authorities" out there like to bullshit their clients and make them believe that they have some secret that they (the client) needs to be happy and successful. There is no magic diet, workout routine, mantra for success.
    I think what makes a big difference is asking the right questions, which is what you are doing. and also letting your clients know that have to take responsibility for their overall experience in this life. I think it is all about finding and working with people at what level they are at and also approaching them in such a way that they feel motivated and inspired to do their best and push their hardest. Most people who are eating fast food/processed food won't even consider a raw food diet (unless they are sick and desperate, they are open to it), but for someone who wants to shift their lifestyle you have to take appropriate steps. For someone who just found out they have cancer and is willing to do whatever it takes to reverse it, then I would talk to them about juice fasting and raw foods. anyways, I wish I would push myself a little harder with the fitness-sometimes I get overwhelmed because Dan is so hardcore with the workouts, it can a little daunting haha. thanks for this post. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has their own view on what they think is fit or healthy. Dan may want to get crazy in the gym, which is awesome. You may love walking and yoga, which is just as awesome! Finding the thing that makes you happy and stick to it is what I would recommend to anyone and everyone! Thanks Sophia!

    ReplyDelete