Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Review: Out Of The Cave (Paleo Eats)

Since I have gotten in to the fitness industry, I have met plenty of people on special diets. Diets ranging from Gluten-free, Lactose-free, Sugar-free, Fat-free, Low-carb, Raw, Low-calorie, Vegan, High-protein, High-fat, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, and the list goes on.

One diet I have been reading a lot about more recently since starting to do CrossFit, is the Paleo diet. This diet consists of vegetables, especially greens, lean meats, nuts and seeds, little starch, and no sugar. I know many great athletes who have seen great gains in their physiques, as well as performance.

I have kept in touch with an old coach of mine named Darrell Lutz who has his own gym called M.A.S.S. Training. I recently noticed his new page called Out Of The Cave to see what it was all about and I was pleasantly surprised. He and his friend Tombro (a chef) created this health food service for people to enjoy healthy eats at a great price!

All the food they serve is organic! From the grass-fed meat, to the fresh veggies, the tasty sauces, and even organic spices! The quality of this food can not be beat! DID I ALREADY MENTION THE PRICES? Oh yeah, it's cheap! I had the chance to try three of the most popular dishes, and they are definitely on point!


MY FAVORITE was the Chicken Curry. It is made with Organic chicken breast, spices, and veggies, served on top of cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash. I was shocked with how delicious this one was. Not too spicy, but had a kick! I could eat this one almost every day!

The chili was killer! The chili is made with turkey breast and the flavor was awesome! I don't know how they made this so perfect, I want the recipe. This can also be served over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash!

The Jambalaya, was surprisingly also super delicious. I personally have never been a Jambalaya fan, until now! The jambalaya is made with Organic chicken, Andouille sausage, and veggies- served over cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.

I can't wait to try more of their healthy options!!!!

Check them out, and tell them THEA sent you



No comments:

Post a Comment