Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thought of the Day: What does healthy mean to you?

Over the last few years I have continued to learn, grow, and mature. My definition of health changes constantly, and depending on my goals will continue to change. What does healthy mean to you? To me healthy is looking and feeling good, and I think a few things make me feel healthy.

1.Having enough energy to do whatever I want, whenever I want. If I were asked to go on a hike, I don't want to second guess my ability of getting up the hill.

2. Feeling confident in my skin/clothes. I want to look in the mirror and see something I am proud of. I know I am not perfect, but no one is. Zipping up my jeans and fitting in them is important to me.

3. Having strong muscles. I love feeling toned and strong, because I feel like I can do more when I am stronger. I can try workouts I wouldn't be able to do if I didn't have muscle, and I don't think I ever see myself as too weak to do or try something.

4. Cooking the foods I like. Health to me is spending quality time preparing nutritious meal, and being able to use my creativity to create clean yummy recipes.

5. Being sharp. I like having the energy I do when I am taking care of my body, but being able to think on my toes is very important. I get more done throughout the day, which means I have time to take on more things, and accomplish them faster.

6. Laughing and smiling. People who are healthy and take care of themselves are ultimately happier. I love when people compliment me on how much fun I seem to be having, that tells me it's truly radiant when I am smiley.

7. Being personable. I flock to people who are healthy, not because I think they are healthy and I want to be friends with them for that reason. People who take care of their health are easy to be around. Oftentimes I find they are easier to open up to and in turn be happy for you.


What does healthy mean to you?

1 comment: