Friday, March 22, 2013

Pack It & Portion It

I packed my food everyday for years. Everything weighed out, measured, and portioned to ensure I was eating exactly what was prepped for the week. I have never minded being super regimented and it doesn't bother me following a diet plan.

I am writing this post for 2 reasons:

1. When you pack and prep all your meals you are in control of everything that goes in your body. You know what's on your food, and you can trust how it is prepared. If you ever get hungry, your healthy options are ready to go. Yes, it seems like it takes more time. When you cook in bulk once or twice a week it takes a few hours, but it also saves tons of trips in the car running to a restaurant to grab a quick bite.

2. You don't have to weigh and measure your food ( I don't need to that often because I am now good at eyeballing portions). If it seems crazy to you, then simply familiarize yourself with what 4 oz should look like or what a cup of veggies would be. I promise you will eat more mindfully.

I hope the whole food scale weigh and measure thing doesn't scare you, and you give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment