I cut most dairy from my diet a few years ago, and found that almond milk is a great replacement for milk. It is lower in calories, higher in calcium, and saves our COWS!!! Try this easy recipe at home!
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup water (to soak nuts overnight)
3 cups water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1packet stevia (optional) or agave nectar
1 tsp. cinnamon (my special kick)
1. In a jar, soak 1c. almonds with 1c. water overnight.
2. Drain water from jar with soaked almonds.
3. In a good quality blender (Blendtec or Vitamix) blend all the ingredients until smooth.
4. Strain the blended almond mixture using a cheesecloth or other strainer.
5. Store almond milk in mason jar, and ENJOY!!