Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Grilled Salmon and Kale Salad

I recently cut out meat from my diet, just to see how my body responded. I want to test how my energy levels are, how my workout intensity is, and simply how I feel. Well surprisingly, a few weeks in to not eating animal products I started craving fish out of all things. I really try to make sure I listen to my body, so I decided to hit up whole foods and stock up on some yummy organic fresh fish. 

Today I decided to make a kale salad with a nice filet of salmon! 

Ingredients:
Salmon (organic, fresh)
Kale 
Avocado 
Lemon juice
Seeds (sunflower, hemp, or chia)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Bake salmon for 20-30 mins (I seasoned with cumin,paprika,Italian, and basil).
2. In a bowl toss kale, lemon, and avocado with your hands. This allows the kale to soften and moisten.
3. Sprinkle on quinoa, and seeds.
4. Top salad with your baked salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment