Monday, June 2, 2014

Love your body

"I don't workout because I hate my body, I workout because I love it".

This quote hits home for me. For a while I worked out because I was unhappy with the way I looked, now I workout because of the way it makes me feel. 

Day in and day out I train people to reach their goals. The sad part is the majority of them aren't working out to feel good, reduce stress, or be empowered. Most of them want to lose five pounds, fit in their wedding dress, or look good in a bikini on their next vaca. Please, hear me out.

These small goals aren't bad, because if it's something you want.. Only you can be the judge on if it's a good or bad goal. The point I want to make is that it isn't easy to reach your goals if you are punishing yourself. When you are punishing yourself you tend to be in a negative state of mind, so let's evaluate negative goals.

Negative goals might be something like " If I don't fit in to the dress(suit for guys) I will be that chubby out of shape girl/guy at the wedding". This doesn't help you make a long lasting plan to not be the chubby person, this is short term and probably won't inspire you to make lifestyle changes.

Try setting a positive goal.
" I look good, but I don't feel my best in that dress/suit. I deserve to love my body, so I am going to start taking care of it. Starts tomorrow, and I am going to do whatever I can to get in the best shape of my life". This is more empowering, and you are more likely to stick to it.

Work towards your goals because you love yourself, not because you feel inadequate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment