Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Get Stylish...How To Create A Cute Outfit

"Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak"

I truly believe this. What you wear not only is a great way of expressing yourself, but it tells people lot about you without even communicating a word.
When I am at work I wear black or grey workout clothes everyday with my hair in a some sort of ponytail and natural makeup. People see me as sporty, professional, and often comment that I am the "trainer girl".

People barely recognize me outside of my workout clothes (I pretty much live in them). I do, however, love dressing up. When I am out and about people often comment on my outfits, accessories, makeup, hair, and nail color. They want to know where to get what I have, and sometimes even ask help with choosing their own clothing.

I have now been a personal stylist for 2 years, but this job has been a lifetime in the making. I have always been one to hunt for bargains, style clothes in my closet a bunch of different ways, and read about fashion. Some things I've learned are that your style whether it be your hair, or your shoes says something about you.

No makeup day? People might think you're tired, lazy, or stressed.
Did you wear sweats to work? Coworkers might think you had a late night, are going to clean up soon, or you aren't feeling so hot.
Did you go over the top and wear the highest heels in your closet? People might assume you are crying for attention, or look ridiculously too dressed up for work.

It's time to love what you're wearing. Not just for comforts sake, but to help boost your self-esteem.

What you should shoot for when creating an outfit...

1. Safe clothes with a little pizazz: Find an outfit you look & feel gret it. Something simple, chic, with a touch of "you". The flair in your style is only yours to choose. My advice is to pick one item of flair at a time. If you are wearing neutral colors then go for a pink heel or lip. If you're wearing a bright jacket, wear a neutral shoe and purse. If you have super big & curly hair, go for some neutral toned makeup.

2. Clothes that fit: If you think you're a small, go try on a medium and an extra small to make sure you are a true small. I have clients who always buy clothes too big or small. This definitely is true when bra shopping.

3. Highs & lows: I have a trick that I use to save money, but still look like a million bucks. I mix my outfits with clothes that are $$$$ and clothes that are simply $. If I wear my most expensive purse then my shoes were probably on sale. If you love my top, the jacket over it was probably a hand-me-down. You don't have to spend a million bucks to look like a million bucks. Learn how to shop sales, and remember most websites usually give new subscribers 10-20% off.

4. Don't be too trendy: Crop tops, huge wedges, high waist cut offs, and plastic bead necklaces are coming back. All can be cute when paired with the right outfit, but remember that throwing them all together can look like a cluster. Instead, wear one or two "trendy" items at a time. Don't go over the top.

5. Buy nice staple pieces: A perfect black skirt, a leather jacket, beautiful boots, a nice purse, and your favorite jeans. Every girl needs their go-to items. I like to allow myself to spend a little more on these staple items, because I know I will get my moneys worth wearing them.

Check out my Pinterest to see what styles I'm loving right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment