Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Summer Slim Down Plan

I often get asked what I eat. Well, there is no short answer for that. My diet varies depending on a million factors including changing my food up to whatever my goals are, what I have planned that week or month, what's in season, or what I'm craving.

Right now, I am reeling things in a bit for a few reasons. Budget & summer. I want to go out a bit less & save, but also get myself to a place where I am comfortable in short shorts & tank tops. It's fun for me to set little goals, and right now this is just the push I need.

My workouts to slim down a bit will consist of:
Mondays: Leg day & cardio
Tuesdays: Cardio & abs (or double days of cardio)
Wednesdays: Upper body & cardio
Thursdays: Cardio or class
Fridays: Total body & cardio
Saturday: Glutes & abs & cardio
Sunday: rest or recovery (long walk, maybe a massage, foam rolling, or gentle yoga)

Food will consist of:

Morning: Coffee with soy or almond milk

Meal 1: YOGURT. 1cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp peanut butter, stevia & cinnamon
Calories: 235  Fat:9g Carbs:12g Protein: 27g

Meal 2: PROTEIN PANCAKE. 1/2 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup blueberries
Calories: 282 Fat: 3g Carbs:37g Protein: 28g

Meal 3: LUNCH. 4oz lean meat, 3 cups veggies (1/2 c quinoa on leg days)
Calories: 232 Fat: 4g Carbs: 18g Protein: 34g

Meal 4: BAR. Quest bar, think thin bar, or dales bar
Calories: 190 Fat: 8g Carbs: 21g Protein: 21g

PREWORKOUT. 2 rice cakes 1 tbsp greek yogurt, 1 tbsp peanut butter
Calories:160 Fat:9g Carbs:12g Protein: 6g

POSTWORKOUT: scoop of protein, 1 small banana, 1c almond milk, 
Calories: 237 Fat:14g Carbs:27g Protein 25g

Meal 5: GREEN SMOOTHIE. 1 scoop vega protein, 2 frozen figs, 2 cups spinach, 1 1/2 c almond milk, ice
Calories: 254 Fat:15g Carbs: 28g Protein:27g

Daily total:
Calories: 1590 Fat:61  Carbs:155g Protein 168g
If I'm still hungry I will have a few egg whites and some more greens.

If I get bored of the plan I make myself I will either a) switch up the order of my meals b)change my meals and add new recipes or 3) look up recipes online to create with stuff I have at home. I also am not THAT strict 24/7 so I will allow a treat meal or 2 and maybe even a night with a few drinks. I am no longer prepping for anything besides living a happy & healthy life. To me, life isn't worth living if you aren't enjoying it!

This is MY plan, so I want you to remember you don't have to eat like me. It looks like a lot of food to some people, but remember I workout 1.5-2 hours a day. If it looks like too little of food, just know I always adjust depending on how my energy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment