Monday, February 21, 2011

protein powders

When it comes to protein a lot of people don't know what to get so here are some tips to help you find the right one for you! Tons of people who supplement their diets with protein drinks tend to get the wrong kind of stuff. My advice to you is to get a whey protein (easier for your body to digest and supply protein quickly to your muscles). You should get one high in protein(20-35g) and one very low in fat, sugar, and carbs(right after a workout ingesting fat slows down metabolism). From GNC they have a chocolate protein I really like it's called amplified wheybolic extreme 60. The serving is 3 scoops but it is not likely you should use all 3 (unless you are a bodybuilder) I usually take 1-1.5 scoops if I have it as a snack and i'll also have a piece of fruit. If I decide to use protein powder as a meal replacement shake I will blend 1.5-2 scoops with 1 c. unsweetened almond milk 1/2 banana and cinnamon.. Right now I am using a protein from Nutrishop called protein synthesis and I really like this one as well.. It's very similar to the GNC brand! Good luck and don't hesitate to ask an employee at a nutrition store to help you find the right protein;)

Protein NO-NO's:
Slim Fast- These are HORRRRRRIIIBLLLE for you! High in sugar and low in protein!!! BAD BAD BAD
Special K protein drink- This drink doesn't have a sufficient amount of protein (only 10g) and has a whopping 18g of sugar!
Trader Joe's whey- not enough protein for the amount of calories too high in carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment