Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thea's Cinco De Mayo Mexican Style Hummus Dip


I am someone who loves salsa! BUT usually I don't want to fill myself up on chips before I eat a meal (because when it comes to chips I won't stop eating them, so I try to ignore them all together). I usually find veggies to dip in salsa, but the salsa doesn't stick to the veggies:( I decided to make a hummus, with the mexican inspired flavors.

Thea's Cinco De Mayo Mexican Style Hummus Dip
Ingredients:
1 Can garbonzo beans (rinsed and drained)
1 1/2 Tbsp. Organic Tahini
Juice of one lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp. cumin
1/5 Red onion
1 Jalapeno
1 Tbsp. Olive oil

1. In a food processor or blender add garbonzo beans, chopped and diced onion, chopped and diced jalapeno, juice of lime and lemon, olive oil, tahini, and cumin.
2. I blended it on puree. It took about 4 minutes.
3. Put in dipping bowl and serve with fresh veggies.

You can even spread this on toast, sandwiches, tortillas, rice cakes, on your chicken, egg whites; whatever your little heart desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment