Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thea's Clean Eating Chunky Monkey Cupcakes



Don't we all love chocolate? Oh man, I know I do! I am not going to lie, and mix that with peanut butter and some banana and I'm in heaven. I rarely indulge in cake-y things because I literally will eat it all if it's in front of me! Let's be real it's hard to feel good about yourself after eating a big piece of chocolate cake. Now, after making this recipe, I have a guilt-free delicious and rich dessert! This week I decided to make my friend Maggie some birthday cupcakes. I searched high and low for recipes that are clean and healthy. I couldn't find any that were chocolate-y (most were like apple or carrot). We all need dessert every once in a while, and I prefer mine rich and YUMMY. I made up this recipe, and kinda just was adding things here and there to make the consistency seem right. It turned out DELICIOUS I am so happy with it! I hope some of you get the chance to make it <3 Ingredients: v 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghiradelli) v 1 1/4 c. stevia v 1/4 c. whole wheat flour v 1 c. fat free greek yogurt v 1/2 c. unsalted natural peanut butter v 3/4 c. almond milk v cinnamon to taste (I like a lotJ) v 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract v 1 egg plus 2 egg whites v 1/4 tsp. Salt v 1/4 tsp. Baking soda 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. 2. In large bowl, mix dry ingredients (cocoa, stevia, flour, salt, and baking soda_ 3. in a medium bowl mix moist/wet ingredients (peanut butter, almond milk, greek yogurt, vanilla, eggs) 4. combine both dry and wet ingredients and mix together. 5. fill cupcake liners 3/4 full. 6. bake in over for 40-45 min. 7. let cool 8. When completely cool, frost!




Frosting:
1/2 mashed banana
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c. greek yogurt
6 packets truvia

Just mix the ingredients and add some almond milk if needed to thin out.

Top the cupcakes with a piece of dark chocolate and your ready to enjoy a little piece of heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment