Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thea's Clean Eating Quinoa Bison Meatballs

I am a sucker for quick bites. Since I eat about every three hours, if I am out running errands sometimes I get frustrated that it is time to eat when I am busy. Even when I'm at work I get so busy that I need to make sure I remember to eat, because I get starving but busy. I was thinking of making something with carbs, protein, and veggies so it is balanced; at the same time something you don't necessarily have to eat with utensils. I decided to make meatloaf, but thought it would be even more CONVENIENT to make meatballs. I just grab some and throw them in a little container and I am out the door! Easy peasy!
-


Thea's Clean Eating Quinoa Bison Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 lb grass fed organic bison (this is buffalo, but you can use extra lean turkey)
3 egg whites
1 1/2 c. cooked quinoa (I used red quinoa)
1 chopped and diced red bell pepper
1/4 chopped and diced onion
Pinch cumin
Pinch pepper
Pinch

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
3. Use non-stick spray on pan.
4. Roll mixture in to little balls


5. Cook for 20 mins, or until cooked through


You can serve this over spaghetti squash, with mixed sauteed veggies, or even on a salad. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment