Monday, June 27, 2016

The Best Makeup for Green Eyes

If you have green eyes like me you may or may not know what eyeshadows make your eyes "pop". Purple is usually the suggested color, but to be honest I just don't love purple eyeshadow. My go-to's are golds, browns and surprisingly oranges. I have discovered a few favorites and want to share them with you.

Tom Ford: Duo Cream & Eye powder color
Color: Naked Bronze
This is my new favorite. It is on the pricier end, but I am completely SOLD on the product. You can literally apply the cream with your fingers and it looks like you just left getting your makeup done ( a little goes a long way so it lasts forever. I love how smooth and easy it is to apply & when you want to give a little extra, the gold powder is EVERYTHING.

Kevyn Aucoin: The Loose Shimmer Eyeshadow
Color: Kunzite
I got this in a free gift bag about a year ago and I use it just about every time I go out. I use it with a blender brush just in the crease in my eye and also dust right under my outer lower lash. It is beautiful and build-able, so you can keep adding for a more dramatic look.
Urban Decay: 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil
Color: Bourbon
I don't wear a ton of eyeliner, but when I go out and want an extra soultry look I add this liner. It is shimmery, but not too glittery. I love how smoothly it glides on and it doesn't run!
Too Faced: Eye Shadow Palette
Color: Neutral Eye shadow collection (I love Honey Pot)
Ok, so I am VERY picky with what gold eyeshadows I like. Some are too glittery and don't stick to your eyelid, some are too yellow, too orange, too matte or they don't have enough pigment. Honey Pot from the Too Faced Palette is PERFECT. The only downside is, they don't sell it separate from the palette. If you can get your hands on it you'll know what I mean.
Mac: Eyeshadow
Color: Saddle
This color is the perfect neutral. I love it because I can put this in the crease of my eye and blend it during the day, then go back and touch up to add more and build it to an evening look. I will add some under my lower lashes and it softly enhances my greens. It was my first "green eye" purchase that I noticeably felt made my eyes look extra green.
Charlotte Tilbury: Color Chameleon
Color: Bronzed Garnet
I havent tried this yet, but it's in the mail. I've read multiple articles on how amazing it is, and I can't wait! It looks absolutely stunning.

Nars: Eyeshadow Duo
Color:Portobello 
This Nars duo is perfect for day time. The lighter color looks great on the base of your eyelid and the darker shade works well on the crease. This is less dramatic, but is sure to make your eyes stand out!


Lancome: Hypnose Drama
Color: Excessive Black
Don't forget Mascara! My all-time favorite mascara is this one.

Now you should be well prepared to create even more show-stopping eyes everyday!


1 comment:

  1. Promptly your blog might it goes without saying typically possibly be visible related to each one of blog site people today, mainly because aware studies and as well lab tests. baby jumping toys

    ReplyDelete