Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Summer Travel Workout: No equipment needed

Over the last few months I've been traveling a bit more than usual. When I'm on vacation I love to relax, but I also sometimes feel like breaking a sweat. I love finding local places to hike or explore, but if I wake up early and want to sweat a little I try to get some energy out by doing a bodyweight workout like this.

Warm up: (be sure to do a short warmup and stretch out)

Complete A,B & C then rest for 30 seconds repeat for a total of 3 times through this circuit
Circuit 1 (complete 3x)
A) 20 squats
B) 20 side lunges (10 each leg)
C) 20 glute bridges (or hip thrusts) lying on a mat 

Circuit 2 (complete 3x)
A) 15 push-ups
B) Plank with 20 shoulder taps (tap your opposite hand to opposite shoulder while keeping your hips neutral)
C) 15 burpees

Circuit 3 (complete 3x)
A) 20 walking lunges (10 each leg)
B) 20 walking plank (hold a plank walk to your left for 10 and to your right for 10)
C) 40 mountain climbers 

Circuit 4 (complete 3x)
A) 15 full sit ups 
B) 30 Russian twists
C) 15 leg raises (both legs together)

Say you have a trip planned, make 30 minutes of time for this. Maybe you don't have a trip planned, but need a short workout to do in the park or in your living room- this is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment